Wednesday, June 23, 2010

June 23, 2010

Well I just finished up all of my finals for this quarter.  It was a very stressful and time consuming quarter, but it really paid off.  I had a lot of really labor intensive classes in Maya, but I really learned a lot.
In my Animation Performance class I got to actually learn the animating process which was a lot of fun.  I really enjoyed actually getting to bring life to a character.  The class was a lot of work, but I learned a lot, and am really happy with my end result animation (see previous post).  I can't wait to take my other animating classes.
My Character Rigging class was probably the hardest class that I had this quarter.  Learning and building the structure of an animated model was very interesting, but so complicated.  With rigging, if one tiny little thing is wrong, it can completely screw up your whole rig, so it can be hard.  
Modeling 1 was a really fun class this quarter as well.  I really enjoyed getting to do a 3D model of myself. Learning the building process of creating a character from scratch was really cool.  I can't wait to do more modeling, and get to build 3D models of my characters that I can then animate.
My other two classes were just Gen Eds this quarter, so nothing too exciting animation wise there.
After this intense quarter, I can honestly say I'm only more excited to be an animator.  I can't wait for this final year of my school, and the many more things I have to learn about the industry.  I also can't wait to be out in the industry working in the field I love.  I'm so happy with the school I chose, as well as my profession.  I am really excited to see where it takes me in the future.


That's all for now. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment